In Need of an Injury Attorney for a Commercial Vehicle Accident in Maryland?
Maryland has its share of commercial vehicles. From Baltimore to and Annapolis, there are always commercial vehicles being used for a variety of purposes. While Maryland is fairly small state, it is a large population for its size. There are often many people travelling in and out of D.C. from Maryland, and there is often traffic and congestion. Commercial vehicles can be seen on the freeways and highways as well as in the cities. These vehicles are basically any automobile that is used by a company for a business purpose. But, this category does not include semi-trucks. There are many commercial vehicles on the roads which means they can be involved in or be the cause of accidents.
What is a commercial vehicle? This is a broad category that includes many different kinds of cars, vans, buses, and trucks. Here are just a few of the different kinds of commercial vehicles:
- Passenger vans and buses
- Box trucks
- Flatbed trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Tow trucks
- Delivery vans and other delivery vehicles
What should you do after an accident?
Have you been injured in an accident involving a commercial vehicle? Did this accident cause you to sustain serious injuries? Was the accident the fault of the other driver? If this sounds like your situation, there are options for you. Of course, you might be asking what actions you should take in the wake of the accident. You might be entitled to get compensation from the liable party. One of the best ways to ensure you receive the compensation you are owed is to document the accident and keep records of the expenses you have faced because of the accident.
Following these steps can help increase your chances of getting the monetary compensation you are owed:
- First, you should seek medical attention for yourself and anyone else who was injured in the accident.
- The police should be called to the scene and a police report should be made. This can be used as evidence to support your claim later.
- You, or someone else you know, should collect information from the other people involved in the accident as well as the witnesses.
- Take pictures of the accident and your injuries if you can.
- Information might be gathered from the “black box” of the commercial vehicle which can show things like how fast a driver was going when an accident occurred.
- You should also record and document your medical treatments, medical bills, and other damages and expenses from the accident.
- Seek the help of a personal injury lawyer with commercial vehicle accident experience.
A Personal Injury Lawyer in Maryland Can Help
Need an Injury Lawyer Maryland can provide representation and help with your commercial vehicle accident claim. We are happy to talk to you about your claim and what to do next. Give us a call today to find out more information.